Find your weekly collection dates and get helpful waste reduction tips
On behalf of Regional Council, I am pleased to present the 2018-2019 Halton Region Guide and Waste Collection Calendar. Check your mailboxes this week for your copy of this year’s calendar.
The annual guide and calendar is your resource to understanding waste management services in Halton and the programs Halton Region has to offer, including:
- weekly collection dates from February 2018 to January 2019;
- tips and resources about how to reduce waste and what waste materials are accepted each week;
- services offered at Halton Waste Management Site;
- programs and services available to residents and businesses; and,
- information on the priorities of Regional Council and the 2015-2018 Halton Region Strategic Action Plan.
At Halton Region, we want to make sure that you have options to make managing your waste and using programs like the Green Cart and Blue Box as easy as possible. In addition to the calendar, there are a variety of online tools and resources available to make it easy for you to reduce waste at home and in the community. Visit halton.ca/waste or download the OneHalton app to:
- sign up for weekly waste collection reminders that are sent right to your mobile device;
- access landfill information and fees;
- sort your waste using the Put Waste In Its Place tool;
- schedule metal or appliance pick-ups; and
- order yard waste labels and garbage bag tags.
Achievements in waste reduction
Last year, the Halton Waste Management Site celebrated 25 years of providing residents with reliable and convenient waste management services. Over the years, we have made important investments in waste reduction technology, improved our curbside waste collection services and have seen a real commitment from residents to reduce waste at home and in the community. Through our shared commitment, we have helped extend the lifespan of the landfill from 2012 to 2044–30 years longer than expected. This has saved taxpayers more than $15 million by deferring the significant costs associated with building a new site.
Through your continued participation in the Green Cart, Blue Box and landfill programs, our community continues to come together to protect and enhance the natural environment for future generations. Together, we can help keep Halton a great place to live, work, retire and raise a family.
As always, if you have any Regional concerns or comments you would like to share, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. You can also find me on Twitter @garycarrhalton, LinkedIn or Facebook. To receive further updates on Regional issues, please subscribe to my quarterly e-newsletter, “The Carr Report”.