Get ready for back to school by updating immunization records

At Halton Region we want to make getting ready for back to school as easy as possible. Some immunizations are required to attend school, so it is important to make sure immunizations are up-to-date and reported to the Halton Region Health Department.

ImmunizeReportHalton has made it easier for parents and guardians to report and request immunization records:

  • You can now report immunizations using our online reporting form – you can even take a picture of your immunization record and send to us through our webpage!
  • If you’re unsure what immunizations the Health Department has on file, you can fill out the convenient online immunization records request form to request a copy.
  • You can also update your records on-the-go by downloading and using the OneHalton app.
  • If your child is unable to get immunized or if you choose not to, you must have a notarized exemption on file with the Health Department in order to meet school attendance requirements.

As always, parents or guardians can also report or request records in person or by dialing 311.

Look for important letters from the Halton Region Health Department

As we continue to enforce the Provincial Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), the Halton Region Health Department periodically sends letters to students in target age groups who have outdated immunization records. In spring 2017, we sent out letters to families of students born in 2008 and 2009; we’re currently sending letters to families with students entering grades 9 to 12 this school year. If you received one of these letters, please report your child’s immunizations as soon as possible to the Health Department to avoid possible school suspension.

If your child requires certain immunizations, please visit your family doctor. If you are in need a family doctor, please visit

Working together, we can protect ourselves, our children and our community from vaccine preventable diseases. Thank you for helping us keep Halton a great place to live, work, raise a family and retire.

As always, if you have any Regional concerns or comments you would like to share, please feel free to email me at You can also find me on Twitter @garycarrhalton, LinkedIn or Facebook. To receive further updates on Regional issues, please subscribe to my quarterly e-newsletter, “The Carr Report”.