This week, we celebrate customer service in Halton and our commitment to providing high-quality customer service that is professional, consistent, informative and friendly. By promoting service excellence and leveraging multiple service channels, we help ensure that Halton provides effective community supports for everyone.
Halton services are easy to access through multiple channels, including enhanced online tools. Visit halton.ca for forms and resources that can help you complete a wide range of Regional tasks. For example:
- report immunizations and request immunization records;
- find your waste collection schedule, order garbage tags, check how to sort waste and schedule metal/ appliance collection;
- sign up for heat, cold, and air quality alerts; and
- register for Regional events, small business seminars and more.
Halton Region’s social media channels are monitored by customer service representatives from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We post frequently with reminders and valuable information about how to access services as well as Regional initiatives, supports and events. Follow us to stay up-to-date on all that Halton has to offer:
If you have a specific inquiry or concern, contact us to connect with a Halton Customer Service Representative:
- email email@example.com for a full written response within one business day; or
- dial 311—24 hours a day, seven days a week—to speak with someone who will respond to your question or connect you with someone who can.
Residents can also visit us at Halton Regional Centre, 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville to pick up Blue Boxes and Greencarts, access Regional information and more. Our customer service representatives can also arrange for oral interpretation in over 200 languages.
- In 2015, our customer service team managed 258,266 phone calls, 8,690 emails, 14,447 web service requests and 25,714 reception visits. As our community continues to grow, we will continue to focus on delivering high-quality customer service. I encourage all residents to remember that Halton Region is only one click or one call away.
As always, if you have any Regional concerns or comments you would like to share, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on Twitter @garycarrhalton, LinkedIn or Facebook. To receive further updates on Regional issues, please subscribe to my quarterly e-newsletter, “The Carr Report”.