If you’re looking to find activities and adventures to keep your holiday season active – look no further. Choose Halton. We have an array of indoor and outdoor activities to take part in, so invite your friends and family to join you this winter for some great Halton fun!
Explore your own backyard here in Halton and see how many winter activities our beautiful region has to offer, from the great outdoors to the performing arts, special events, shopping and more.
The great outdoors:
Start with Conservation Halton. There is something for everyone:
- Mountsberg for sleigh rides
- Glen Eden for skiing, snowboarding or tubing
- Rattlesnake Point & Kelso for year-round camping, hiking, snow-shoeing
- Hilton Falls for ‘Winter on the Trails’
- Crawford Lake for cross-country skiing, hiking and moonlight snowshoe hikes;
- Mount Nemo for wildlife viewing and bird watching
- Robert Edmondson for geocaching
Get outside and enjoy:
- The Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and one of southern Ontario’s most prominent natural features.
- The Bruce Trail, Canada’s oldest footpath, a popular destination for photographers.
- Outdoor skating at Bronte Creek Provincial Park’s Outdoor Skating Rink and check out Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville for their outdoor skating schedules and locations.
- Each municipality also features holiday festive lights. Visit their websites for more details.
If the great outdoors is not for you, take in a show at one of Halton’s great theatres. Find a performance at:
- Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Oakville Performing Arts Centre
- Halton Hills Theatre
- Milton Centre for the Performing Arts
Destinations and special events:
- Visit one of Halton’s garden centre’s or nurseries for your fresh cut Christmas tree or cut down your own at Clembrook Christmas Farm in Milton.
- Check out Royal Botanical Gardens – Holiday Traditions, on now until January 3 where you can ride the RBG Express and enjoy holiday-themed activities.
- For farm festive activities, like holiday crafts and baking, visit Springridge Farm.
- Try Christmas on the Rails at the Halton County Radial Railway (HCRR) where you can ride on an electric train and enjoy a unique holiday experience.
- For something out of the ordinary, check out the new Mattamy National Cycling Centre for drop-in cycling or IFLY for indoor skydiving.
Finally, don’t forget you can also get all of your holiday shopping done locally. Explore the downtown areas and shopping districts in each of our municipalities and find those unique gifts you have been searching for.
For more information about what to see and do in the region, visit halton.ca/tourism and find out why Halton is a great place to live, work, raise a family and retire.