Halton Regional Council is committed to providing safe, affordable and accessible housing to help those in our community that need support. Our housing programs are a critical component of building healthy, inclusive communities in Halton.
Some of the key highlights of Halton Region’s housing programs include:
- Halton Housing Helps – a central access point to housing supports and services in Halton, including a free rental listing services and one-to-one support to help people in need of housing assistance.
- Halton’s Comprehensive Housing Strategy acts as the roadmap for housing services in the region and aims to provide housing options to meet all incomes and stages of life.
- Improved access to housing applications and resources. Starting this summer, residents will be able to pick up and submit housing applications at even more Regional facilities.
With our ongoing commitment to provide accessible housing in Halton, I’m proud that we were recently recognized by the Ontario Municipal Social Services Association (OMSSA) and received a Local Municipal Champion Award for our role in the Housing Collaborative Initiative. By partnering with eight municipalities to create a single housing management software application, Halton will be able to:
- modernize housing operations;
- reduce administrative costs;
- improve customer service by automating many manual activities; and
- support Halton Access to Community Housing (HATCH) applicants by making it possible to apply online for housing.
If you or someone you know is struggling with the cost of housing, I encourage you to look into our Regional Housing Services online or dial 311.
Working together we can support all members of our community and continue to be a great place to live today, tomorrow and in the future.
As always, if you have any Regional concerns or comments you would like to share, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on Twitter @garycarrhalton or Facebook. To receive further updates on Regional issues, please subscribe to my quarterly e-newsletter, “the Carr Report”.