Access Halton at 1151 Bronte Road or Dial 311

Many residents are familiar with Halton’s 311 service – a single window of direct access to Halton Government Services.  But, did you know that you can stop by the front lobby of the Halton Region Centre between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday (1151 Bronte Road in Oakville) and get in-person access to a wide variety of services?

Whether you’re looking to pick up one of the new, larger, Blue Boxes, drop off used batteries, CFL light bulbs or cell phones or pick up an application for assisted housing or a Canadian passport, our staff are available to help.

The Government Service Centre at 1151 Bronte Road in Oakville is operated by the same Access Halton staff who provide 311 telephone assistance 24-7-365.  The Government Service Centre provides “in person” access to a wide variety of Regional, Local, Provincial and Federal government services.

In 2012, there were almost 31,000 visits from residents to our Government Services Centre. Some of the more popular requests include tourism information, parks and recreation information and Blue Boxes.  

Halton Region has partnerships with the Local Municipalities and Service Ontario to provide information and services. Frequently requested Provincial information includes:

  • Change of address
  • Marriage license application
  • Request for marriage certificate
  • Health card application
  • International driving permit
  • Birth certificate
  • Acceptance of Ministry of Labour Documents
  • Acceptance of Landlord Tenant Board Documents

The most frequent Federal information requested is:

  • Canada Child Benefit
  • Marital status change
  • Canada Pension Plan information
  • Social Insurance Number information
  • Citizenship inquiries
  • Passport application

Customer Service is one of the priorities of the Citizens’ Priorities Action Plan and making it easy for residents to Access Halton is our goal.  311 services are available in more than 170 languages and through TTY.

As always, if you have any Regional concerns or comments you would like to share, please feel free to email me at You can also find me on Twitter @garycarrhalton, LinkedIn or Facebook. To receive further updates on Regional issues, please subscribe to my quarterly e-newsletter, “The Carr Report.”