Halton Region offers many services and programs that benefit you and your family every single day, many of which you may not even be aware. Services include:
- maintaining many of the roads on which you drive to work
- ensuring the quality and safety of the water that comes from your tap
- collecting your recycling and waste
- ensuring your family is prepared for an emergency
- caring for your family members in one of our long-term care homes or child care centres
- supporting individuals through social assistance programs
- helping you find a doctor in your neighbourhood
And these services are only the tip of the iceberg of what the Region has to offer.
We recognize it can be overwhelming to figure out all that we do, so that’s why we’ve made it easy to “Access Halton,” with two easy ways to connect with us. Simply dial 311 from within Halton or visit www.halton.ca: your best local resources, right at your finger tips.
At 311, you’ll get a live answer every time from a knowledgeable customer service agent who will make sure you get the information you need. At www.halton.ca, you’ll be able to get the latest beach water testing results, figure out your waste collection schedule, watch live web-stream videos of Council or committee meetings, visit our social media centre, and so much more.
We have five departments covering:
- public works – roads, waste management, water, construction
- public health – health protection services, chronic disease prevention, oral health, family health, pregnancy/parenting
- planning – economic development, growth planning, agriculture
- social and community services – housing, social assistance, children with special needs
- corporate services – budgets, financial planning, emergency preparedness
Our staff are committed to offering the highest quality services and programs for both residents of and visitors to Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. Because Halton Region really is the best place to live, work, visit, raise a family and retire.
So, I hope you’ll “Access Halton” today. It’s just one click. One call.
If you have any Regional concerns or comments you would like to share, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on Twitter @garycarrhalton or on Facebook. To receive further updates on Regional issues, please subscribe to my quarterly e-newsletter, “The Carr Report.”